Biology Job in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania : PA 15222
Looking for Biology Jobs? See currently available Biology job openings on biology.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
biology.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any biology job . We provide job resources for Biology positions throughout the industry. biology.jobs.net also provides Biology jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Biology by either city or state.
biology.jobs.net is a biology job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Biology jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your biology job search on biology.jobs.net today.
Laboratory Director Job Description
- A world class, state of the art Laboaratory Service company located in the Pittsburgh Pa area is searching for a Laboratory Director to lead a group of 16 scientists and technicians.
- This is an organization that is growing at a 30% rate yearly.
- This is a very inclusive working culture lead by a nationally known CEO
- This Laboratory Director must be a PhD in Biology or Microbiology or Molecular Biology to continue to add credibility to the organization and to the National organizations they are affiliated with in the US and Canada
- This is a significant opportunity for an individual as the Laboratory Director to make a large contribution to the growth and leadership of the organization.
- The Laboratory Director will assume overall responsibility of laboratory processes, including general analytical testing, adding new test methods, as well as research activities and product evaluations.
- Maintain broad knowledge of relevant healthcare guidelines, scientific principles and trends; provides leadership to direct others in solving complex problems.
- Development, review, and implementation of policies, procedures, and guidelines for the methods used to provide timely and accurate processing of samples, analysis, and reporting of test results to clients; as well as policies and procedures to maintain client satisfaction and confidentiality.
- The Laboratory Director will oversee the technical standard operating procedures, including development, validation, and approval. Monitor and maintain standards of performance in quality control (QC) and quality assurance (QA); ensures key performance indicators (KPI’s) are met.
- Working with the quality and laboratory managers, providing the required technical knowledge and management to ensure that methods, documentation, and laboratory activities are compliant with regulations and requirements to retain certifications and accreditations. Will be the responsible person in the laboratory for coordination of communication with auditors.
- Represent the lab as prime internal and customer contact on testing requests and proposals; may review and negotiate contracts.
- May field client calls, lead conference calls, serving as a technical expert.
- Ensure the laboratory is adequately staffed for efficient management of workloads.
- Responsible for overall management and professional development of lab employees.
- Provide training opportunities for laboratory personnel and assures that analysts maintain a high proficiency level in analytical methods.
- Direct major functions and objectives within the research and development activities of the laboratory. Provide coordination of interdepartmental research activities and collaborators.
- Oversee product evaluation studies; reviews data, ensures accurate incorporation of results and conclusions into the study report. Responsible for meeting study timelines, quality standards, and training/mentoring analysts.
- Participate with senior management to provide strategic plants and ideas to improve efficiency of laboratory operations, especially with the incorporation of new technologies.
- Develop budgets for areas of responsibility to incorporate into overall operations.
- Make contributions to scientific literature and conferences by active involvement in relevant professional organizations and manuscripts for publication.
- Represent the laboratory through presentations that promote the corporate vision and mission.
- Information Technology (IT): Use of software, including but not limited to, Microsoft products (word, excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Sugar CRM, and other software (internal and external) to successfully perform duties.
- Participate and advise in the use, development and execution of IT products and services for internal and external use.
- Responsible for compliance with Federal, State and Local regulations, including OSHA. Oversees safety program with timely and function specific training to provide safe work environment.
- This position is located in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
- 10% travel requirement
- Base Salary in the $100-$150K range with bonus
- Parking and excellent benefits
Pittsburgh Biology Job
Laboratory Director Job Requirements
- PhD in microbiology, molecular biology, biology or other medically related life science field from an accredited university.
- 7 to 10 years of experience in clinical microbiology, with an emphasis on the interface between medical, environmental and water bacteriology preferred; prior experience in analytical laboratory management desired.
- Performs duties with a minimum amount of supervision. Depending on the task, may be supervised or directed by the President.
- Comprehensive knowledge of state of the art microbiologic, immunologic, and molecular biology assay formats that can be adapted to the company missions and create an organized process for assay development.
- Proven ability to apply a wide range of concepts, techniques and practices to carry out broad laboratory objectives.
- Established ability to evaluate and produce reliable results, problem-solve and trouble shoot complex problems.
- Demonstrated well-developed leadership and personnel management skills.
- Excellent communication skills – written & oral.
- Proficient in the use of various software programs including Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)