Biology Job in Buffalo, New York : NY
Looking for Biology Jobs? See currently available Biology job openings on biology.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
biology.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any biology job . We provide job resources for Biology positions throughout the industry. biology.jobs.net also provides Biology jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Biology by either city or state.
biology.jobs.net is a biology job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Biology jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your biology job search on biology.jobs.net today.
Research Scientist I, Cellular Biology And Assay Technologies
Research Scientist I, Cellular Biology And Assay Technologies Job DescriptionRESEARCH SCIENTIST I, MOLECULAR AND ASSAY TECHNOLOGIES in Buffalo, NY
Albany Molecular Research Inc. provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Research Scientist I, Cellular Biology and Assay Technologies is expected to work under supervisory direction. Principal responsibilities may include assistance in: the development of cell lines, differentiated cells, bioactivity assays and high content screening (HCS) assays for testing of natural product and synthetic samples; automation of assays and high throughput screening (HTS); potency and selectivity testing; analysis and interpretation of assay development, HTS, HCS and potency data. A major component in the scientist's performance rating will be based on productivity, teamwork and cooperation. Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of reagents through applications of molecular biology, cell biology and/or cell culture.
- Assist in the development and validation of assays for bioactivity screening and their transfer to robotic systems for high throughput screening.
- Assist in the development and testing of automated procedures.
- Performance of high throughput and secondary screening of sample collections and generation of high quality screening data.
- Assist in the analysis and interpretation of assay development, validation, screening and potency data. Demonstrate a clear understanding of the quality indicators required for validation of an assay, engineered cell line or differentiated cell line to be used for drug discovery or evaluation.
- Maintain comprehensive, up to date records of experimental methods, materials, calculations, results, observations and outcomes (decisions) in compliance with AMRI laboratory notebook policy. Record all appropriate data electronically in AMRI databases.
Buffalo Biology Job
Research Scientist I, Cellular Biology And Assay Technologies Job RequirementsEducation and/or Experience
- Bachelors, Masters or Doctoral Degree with a major in Biology or Biochemistry, or equivalent industrial experience.
- Laboratory experience conducting molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, assay development and validation, screening or custom reagent production.
- Computer training in the use of standard office software applications and databases.
- Other pertinent training/courses.