Biology Job in San Diego, California : CA
Looking for Biology Jobs? See currently available Biology job openings on biology.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
biology.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any biology job . We provide job resources for Biology positions throughout the industry. biology.jobs.net also provides Biology jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Biology by either city or state.
biology.jobs.net is a biology job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Biology jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your biology job search on biology.jobs.net today.
Scientist Iii (Lead) - Therapeutics
Scientist Iii (Lead) - Therapeutics Job Description
Scientist III (Lead) - Therapeutics:
The Lead Scientist will work closely with the Director, Therapeutics, appropriate Executive Team members and external collaborators to further develop critical R&D programs focused on the development of bioprinted therapeutic tissues.
Lead Scientist Responsibilities:
- Will conduct and design independent experiments under the guidance of the Director, while also providing project leadership in a variety of therapeutic areas, which may include liver biology, dermatology and other tissues.
- Together with the Director and members of the Therapeutics research group, develops novel methods of tissue generation and analysis.
- Independently analyzes experimental data and optimizes conditions and outcomes in pursuit of organizational goals and deliverables.
- Directly supervises a team of researchers and provides both day-to-day leadership as well as career development and mentorship. Some development experience strongly preferred.
- Conducts mammalian cell culture in a variety of formats
- Operates a NovoGen™ bioprinter
- Generates and maintains three-dimensional (3D) tissue constructs
- Interfaces with core groups: Engineering, Histology, etc., in order to ensure proper characterization and support of constructs.
- Responsible for data management and processing, communication of results, pursuit of extramural funding, preparation of technical SOPs, and record-keeping.
- Contributes to technical reports, manuscripts, patent documents and grant applications
- Interfaces directly with CROs regarding animal study designs, contracting, and development plans
- Prepares detailed SOPs
- Works with management and R&D leaders to define and adjust organizational goals
- Reports important findings to internal groups including senior research staff and Executive Team
Lead Scientist Skills & Experience:
- PhD degree in biology, physiology, molecular and cellular biology, biomedical engineering (emphasis in cell biology) or a closely related field
- Minimum of 5 years research experience in an industry setting with experience in project leadership.
- Development experience strongly preferred (e.g., late preclinical / early development / translational research).
- Exemplary knowledge of mammalian cell culture, particularly with primary cell lines and stem cells, and expert knowledge of sterile protocols
- Expert-level knowledge in one of the following organ/ tissue systems: dermatology (including skin appendages), developmental biology, tissue engineered skin substitutes and/or skin equivalents, vascular biology, hepatology, liver disease or injury, or renal physiology
- Experience evaluating and implementing new techniques
- Previous experience leading successful R&D teams and projects with track record of product development and/or technology transfer to Development stages.
- Track record of publication of either peer-reviewed research reports or patent applications.
- Works collaboratively with multi-disciplinary groups in a fast-paced work environment
- Possesses an aptitude for working well with others
- Is self-motivated and has ability to work independently
- Strong work planning / project management skills
- Exhibits strong communications skills, with an ability to explain technical plans / results to collaborators of varying degrees of scientific background
- Is organized and driven to produce results with aggressive timelines
- Comfortable learning new areas of biology/science/engineering
- Comfortable in engaging with external collaborators and research partners
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions, responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position, and Organovo retains the discretion to modify functions, responsibilities, duties and skills at any time, including modifying the time devoted to such activities, deleting activities, and assigning other activities.
Organovo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 858-224-1057 for assistance. #CB
San Diego Biology Job