Biology Job in Columbus, Ohio : OH
Looking for Biology Jobs? See currently available Biology job openings on biology.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
biology.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any biology job . We provide job resources for Biology positions throughout the industry. biology.jobs.net also provides Biology jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Biology by either city or state.
biology.jobs.net is a biology job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Biology jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your biology job search on biology.jobs.net today.
Engineering/Computer Science Modeler- Programmer
Engineering/Computer Science Modeler- Programmer Job DescriptionJob Description:
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking an Engineering/Computer Science Modeler-Programmer. This is a full-time position and we are seeking engineering majors in a variety of engineering disciplines with knowledge of physical phenomena and programming savvy. This position is located in Columbus, OH.
The Engineering/ Computer Science Modeler Programmer will support our Hazard Modeling team within Battelle's Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosives (CBRNE) Defense business. The Hazard Modeling Team within CBRNE Defense provides its customers with technical analyses as well as modeling capabilities to inform their preparedness and response planning efforts to mitigate risk to the United States or their company. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to make this Nation and Battelle’s clients better prepared and safer.
- Support to model development activities for inhalation, ingestion, dermal, and radiation exposure hazards.
- Support to model development activities for responding to hazardous events.
- Design and develop graphical user interfaces for mathematical models.
- Model testing for accuracy and performance.
- Model input data collection, reduction, processing, and presentation.
- Written reports of methods used and results obtained.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Aeronautical, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Environmental, Food, Agricultural, Nuclear, or Biological Engineering with a minor, certificate, or emphasis in computer science or equivalent coursework experience OR Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Science Engineering with a minor or certificate in in physics, physics engineering, actuarial science, mathematics, biology, or engineering (aeronautical, biomedical, chemical, civil, environmental, food, agricultural, nuclear, or biological). Or, a Master’s degree in one of the preceding disciplines with a thesis focused on modeling real world phenomenon or a computational thesis requiring the use of object oriented programming.
- GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Coursework in mathematics (e.g., calculus, differential equations, linear algebra).
- Significant programming experience in C++, C#, JAVA, or python (Matlab, LabVIEW, Mathcad, Mathematica are not considered as programming experience for this position).
- Ability to learn and understand new programming languages.
- Coursework in statistics or probability (at least one formal class).
- Coursework in engineering (e.g., transport phenomenon, reaction kinetics).
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret DoD clearance.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers
#linkedin #indeedcampaign #clearancejobs
Columbus Biology Job