Biology Job in Columbus, Ohio : OH
Looking for Biology Jobs? See currently available Biology job openings on biology.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
biology.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any biology job . We provide job resources for Biology positions throughout the industry. biology.jobs.net also provides Biology jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Biology by either city or state.
biology.jobs.net is a biology job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Biology jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your biology job search on biology.jobs.net today.
Genomics Researcher Job DescriptionJob Description:
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Genomics Researcher. This position located in Columbus, Ohio.
Battelle has a long history of supporting the U.S. Government in bio surveillance and forensic analysis using a variety of detection technologies. Battelle’s Applied Genomics and Biology Business has pioneered the use of massively parallel sequencing (MPS) for advanced genetic-based identification and characterization and continues to be at the vanguard of this rapidly developing technology area. Our Applied Genomics and Biology Business is currently seeking a full-time Genomics Researcher to provide support and leadership to cutting edge human forensic genomics and metagenomics programs. Compensation will be based on relevant qualifications and experience.
- Leading and participating in teams for the execution, analysis, and reporting of data generated using MPS for genomics programs
- Participation in data reduction and compilation adhering to accepted practices
- Presentation and reporting of progress and results to senior scientists
- Laboratory and equipment maintenance to ensure smooth functioning of data generation within designated time frames
- Assisting in the preparation of scientific journal publications and presenting at professional meetings.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- MS degree in Biology, Human Genetics, Molecular Biology, or other related field with at least 2 years of experience, or a BS degree with at least 5 years of demonstrated laboratory experience in a relevant area
- Knowledge and understanding of DNA collection and extraction procedures
- Laboratory experience with MPS, including DNA library preparation and analysis using MPS sequencing platforms (e.g., Illumina MiSeq, Thermo Fisher Scientific Ion PGM)
- Knowledge and practical use of bioinformatic software programs for MPS data analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work in a team environment
- Sole U.S. citizenship, with the ability to obtain and maintain required government security clearances as a condition of employment
- Sufficiently medically fit to work in the laboratory to perform assigned duties
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Experience in a forensic laboratory or diagnostic laboratory
- Experience with DNA Quality Assurance Standards, Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) or ISO requirements
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
“Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.”
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers
Columbus Biology Job