Biology Job in Pearl River, New York : NY
Looking for Biology Jobs? See currently available Biology job openings on biology.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
biology.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any biology job . We provide job resources for Biology positions throughout the industry. biology.jobs.net also provides Biology jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Biology by either city or state.
biology.jobs.net is a biology job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Biology jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your biology job search on biology.jobs.net today.
In Vitro Biology Scientist
In Vitro Biology Scientist Job Description
Our client, a pharmaceutical company, is looking to hire an In Vitro Biology Scientist on a 12-month assignment.
Up to $29.50 per hour depending on experience
The In Vitro Biology Scientist will test small molecules and perform mechanistic studies to support the characterization and pre-clinical development of oncology targets. This role requires an experienced In Vitro Scientist, with a strong background in cancer biology and ideally immunology. The In Vitro Biology Scientist will work closely with their manager to design and execute experiments that will contribute to the advancement of lead targets and compounds in the Company’s oncology pipeline. This position will also require creative thinking and independence in order to develop and troubleshoot new assays. Candidates for this position must have a strong, positive work ethic, evidenced by publications in peer-reviewed journals and/or tangible contributions to previous laboratory projects.
Responsibilities of the In Vitro Biology Scientist:
- Test small molecules in cell-based assays that measure cell proliferation, cytotoxicity, etc
- Generate knockout and/or over-expressing cell lines via CRISPR/Cas9 or lentiviral transduction
- Demonstrate independence in scheduling experiments, analyzing data and documenting results in ELN
- Communicate effectively within a matrixed team environment
- Manage time and maintain multiple experiments simultaneously
Qualifications for the In Vitro Biology Scientist:
- Must have experience relating to oncology and/or immunology
- Experience culturing and manipulating cancer cell lines with lentivirus and/or CRISPR/Cas9
- Experience performing cell-based assays and additional in vitro assays including Western blot and qPCR
- It is preferred that the In Vitro Biology Scientist has experience working with T cells and immunological techniques, such as flow cytometry
- Experience designing and executing functional genomics screens is preferred, but not required
- Competency in data analysis and presentation software such as Excel, PowerPoint and GraphPad Prism
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in the sciences
Pearl River Biology Job