Biology Job in Norfolk, Virginia : VA
Looking for Biology Jobs? See currently available Biology job openings on biology.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
biology.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any biology job . We provide job resources for Biology positions throughout the industry. biology.jobs.net also provides Biology jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Biology by either city or state.
biology.jobs.net is a biology job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Biology jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your biology job search on biology.jobs.net today.
Medical Laboratory Specialist
Medical Laboratory Specialist Job DescriptionOVERVIEW
The medical laboratory specialist conducts tests on the tissue, blood and body fluids of patients.JOB DUTIES
- Perform elementary blood banking and clinical laboratory procedures in hematology, immunohematology, clinical chemistry, serology, bacteriology, parasitology and urinalysis
- Collect blood specimens by venipuncture and capillary puncture
- Pack, unpack, inspect, store and distribute blood and blood products
- Assemble, disassemble and maintain laboratory equipment
Norfolk Biology Job
Medical Laboratory Specialist Job RequirementsTRAINING
Job training for a medical laboratory specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 52 weeks of Advanced Individual Training, including practice-testing specimens.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Medical laboratory procedures
- Study of human parasites and diseases
- Laboratory administration and record keeping
- Interest in biology, chemistry and algebra
- Ability to follow detailed procedures precisely