Biology Job in Dugway, Utah : UT 84022
Looking for Biology Jobs? See currently available Biology job openings on biology.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
biology.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any biology job . We provide job resources for Biology positions throughout the industry. biology.jobs.net also provides Biology jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Biology by either city or state.
biology.jobs.net is a biology job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Biology jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your biology job search on biology.jobs.net today.
Microbiologist Senior Scientist
Microbiologist Senior Scientist Job Description
Jacobs is one of the worlds largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and construction services for industrial, commercial and government organizations globally. The company employs over 74,000 people and operates in more than 40 countries around the world.
Jacobs provides field, range, testing, chemical, and biological laboratory support to the U.S. Army at the West Desert Test Center (WDTC) located at Dugway Proving Ground (DPG), UT. As a major test site for the U.S. Army Test and Evaluation Command, the WDTC is responsible for the test and evaluation of chemical and biological (CB) defense systems, incendiary and smoke/obscuration munitions systems, and related operational concepts. In addition to these responsibilities, we also support non-CB testing at the WDTC for the DOD and other Federal agencies, including environmental assessment/impact evaluation and munitions demilitarization.
The position is part of the Special Programs Division and the candidate will work with biologists, chemists, engineers, and former military personnel in support of training and testing initiatives within the Chem/Bio Defense community. The Special Programs Division is responsible for management of multidisciplinary programs involving Chemical and Biological Warfare (CBW) defense, to include the training of individuals and teams from the U.S. military and other government agencies in the CBW field.
- Act as a microbiology subject matter expert to support the training and testing programs (with an emphasis on training) within the Special Programs Division by providing assistance to program managers and test directors in the execution of respective programs (training/testing).
- Prepare and present training/testing briefings to government customers. Be able to perform and train others in standard microbiological/biomolecular techniques including: preparation of growth media, bacteria and virus propagation, viability counting, maintenance of culture collection, morphological/biochemical testing, staining and microscopy techniques, and isolation of proteins and nucleic acids.
- Conduct characterization and identification methods such as: PCR, ELISA, and PAGE.
- Position will require work in BSL1 and BSL2 environments on a regular basis.
- Field training and testing at various sites may require extended periods of time at remote sites.
- On occasion, weekend and after hour shifts may be required as well as travel to off-site locations.
Education and Experience:
Doctoral degree in microbiology, molecular biology or related life science from an accredited college or university.
Must be able to execute specified projects in microbiology laboratory for biological defense or environmental programs/projects. Participate as a member of a team with responsibilities to execute assigned project objectives with nominal supervision.
Experience in bacterial and viral propagation using benchtop fermenters/bioreactors or larger scale would be a plus. Provides input to the production of test reports and maintains documentation of laboratory work. Must be competent in basic computer software (MS Word, Excel,Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret DoD security clearance.
- Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, included but not limited to: bending, reaching, turning and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required. The incumbent may be required to stand for extended periods while performing routine laboratory work.
- Generally a microbiological laboratory environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting). Outside work may include various environmental conditions including warm and cold climates. Needs to be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. Office is located on site in Government spaces at: Dugway Proving Ground, UT. Incumbent may be required to wear standard industrial respirators and/or M-40 Mask.
- Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required. Standard Microbiological Laboratory equipment
- Regular hours will be between Monday-Thursday 7:00 a.m. 5:30 p.m.
- Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines.
- Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
- Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers.
- Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner.
- Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required.
- Travel to and from customers locations and the test fields may be required to support projects.
- This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary.
- When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
- This position will require a valid driver license to operate a variety of vehicles.
The Jacobs System Lifecycle Group (SLG) enables the success of Department of Defense (DOD) and other Governmental organizations by providing unmatched systems life-cycle solutions. As a partner to our clients, we focus on innovative and cutting edge solutions that drive value. We take pride in sustaining a strong culture by remaining true to our Core Values: Profitable Growth is an Imperative, People are the heart of our business, Clients are our valued partners, and Performance excellence is our commitment. Jacobs offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally with the advantages of strong leadership, competitive compensation and rewarding career paths. Come join the team whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>
Dugway Biology Job