Biology Job in Glasgow, Kentucky : KY 42141
Looking for Biology Jobs? See currently available Biology job openings on biology.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
biology.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any biology job . We provide job resources for Biology positions throughout the industry. biology.jobs.net also provides Biology jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Biology by either city or state.
biology.jobs.net is a biology job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Biology jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your biology job search on biology.jobs.net today.
Quality Assurance Supervisor
Quality Assurance Supervisor Job DescriptionLocation: Glasgow, KY
Our food manufacturing client is seeking a QA Supervisor for their campus in the southern KY area. This position will administer quality assurance audits of plant production facilities guaranteeing company, customer and government standards are maintained and product integrity is maintained for each product produced. Confer with plant management to resolve quality, production and efficiency problems and functions as a subject matter expert to various plant departments when special and critical quality issues occur.
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- Confirms that plant audit processes are properly performed and assigned work schedules are upheld.
- Verifies overall plant product quality by conducting and assessing various product sampling tests and tests related
- to raw materials/ingredients and packaging.
- Informs plant management of progress of failures in daily production and any other matters that may affect the plant efficiency and/or the company.
- Resolves major quality problems at plant production facilities, warehouses and market areas as required.
- Evaluates and takes corrective action when necessary with regard to product date coding and trade age management at all assigned levels of product movement.
- Trains and instructs plant personnel in recommended quality control testing, equipment sanitation and general housekeeping practices, and audits, confirms, and ensures these procedures are being maintained.
- Consults with plant management on operational procedures to improve overall production efficiency.
- Reviews plant evaluations with plant management, makes appropriate recommendations and establishes timetable for improvement and corrections.
- Conducts audits in all areas of quality production.
- Prepares plant evaluation reports and submits them to the Quality Manager.
- Communicates effectively – verbally & in writing – to employees, Management, customers and vendors
- Oversees the HAACP and pest control programs.
- Coordinates new product development and plant introduction.
- Assists in the development of special department projects in conjunction with the Quality Manager.
- Directly supervise up to 5 QA Analysts
- Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, appraising and terminating employees; planning assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints/grievances and resolving problems.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- BS or BA degree in chemistry, biology, microbiology or food science.
- 2-4 years of experience as a production facility quality control supervisor, preferably in a food-related industry.
- 1-2 years of supervisors experience
- Knowledgeable and experienced in food safety programs and policies, to include government regulations, FDA, GFSI, HACCP, GMP, and Allergen Program.
- Passionate and high-energy with the ability to lead
- Proven analytical and leadership skills
Contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Glasgow Biology Job