Biology Job in Buffalo, New York : NY
Looking for Biology Jobs? See currently available Biology job openings on biology.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
biology.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any biology job . We provide job resources for Biology positions throughout the industry. biology.jobs.net also provides Biology jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Biology by either city or state.
biology.jobs.net is a biology job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Biology jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your biology job search on biology.jobs.net today.
Research Scientist I - Biology
Research Scientist I - Biology Job Description
RESEARCH SCIENTIST I - BIOLOGY in Buffalo, NY
Albany Molecular Research Inc. provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Research Scientist I is expected to work under supervisory direction. Principal responsibilities may include assistance in: the development of reagents and assays for testing of natural product and synthetic samples; automation of assays and high throughput screening; potency and selectivity testing; analysis and interpretation of assay development, high throughput screening and potency data. A major component in the scientist's performance rating will be based on productivity, teamwork and cooperation.
- Contribute to pre-clinical Drug Discovery research projects.
- Assist in the development of reagents through applications of molecular biology, cell biology and/or protein chromatography.
- Assist in the development and validation of assays for bioactivity screening and their transfer to robotic systems for high throughput screening.
- Assist in the development and testing of automated procedures.
- Performance of high throughput and secondary screening of sample collections and generation of high quality screening data.
- Assist in the analysis of assay development, screening and potency data.
- Develop and effectively apply a broad spectrum of practical laboratory skills; including molecular biology, cell culture, biochemistry, assay development, in depth analysis of bioactivity data and the use of automated equipment.
- Effectively utilize standard laboratory equipment including hand pipettes, balances, pH meters, plate readers and calculators.
Buffalo Biology Job
Research Scientist I - Biology Job Requirements
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors or Masters Degree with a major in Biology or Biochemistry, or equivalent industrial experience
- Laboratory experience conducting molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, assay development and validation, screening or custom reagent production
- Computer training in the use of standard office software applications and databases
- Other pertinent training/courses
Shift: Standard 8