Biology Job in Carlsbad, California : CA
Looking for Biology Jobs? See currently available Biology job openings on biology.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
biology.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any biology job . We provide job resources for Biology positions throughout the industry. biology.jobs.net also provides Biology jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Biology by either city or state.
biology.jobs.net is a biology job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Biology jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your biology job search on biology.jobs.net today.
Scientist Ii, Cell Biology
Scientist Ii, Cell Biology Job Description
Job Description: Scientist II, Molecular Biology
When you're part of the team at ***, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals. How will you make an impact? We are seeking a creative and motivated Scientist II to join our rapidly growing genome engineering team. The candidate will be responsible for developing new products and will work closely with cross-functional teams including Bioinformatics, Marketing, Technical Service and/or Operations. What will you do? Successful candidates will have a strong cell biology experience with a background in genome editing applications including hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture, handling large cloning projects, and functional protein activity screens. The candidate will work independently in a fast-paced environment with very supportive teammates.
• Work with the team to design experimental plans, analyzes experimental data, generates laboratory protocols, and writes technical reports, quantitative analyses, and product summaries
• Troubleshoots and solves difficult problems in the design/execution of development projects
• Investigates, creates, and incorporates new methods and technologies to improve the effectiveness of development workflows • Maintains accurate lab notebook to support protection of intellectual property in accordance with relevant Thermo Fisher required standards
• Presents data at scientific conferences (external and internal)
• Interacts closely with other internal departments (i.e., Marketing, Business Development, Quality, Operations and/or Technical Services)
• Complies with all company safety, training, and quality regulations How will you get here? A Master's degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or a related discipline and 1-2 plus years of lab experience is required. Alternately, a Bachelor's degree with 3 plus years of experience is acceptable. Protein characterization experience is preferred. Prior industrial experience is desirable.
• Strong cloning experience (standard cloning, PCR, mutagenesis, sequencing)
• Strong mammalian cell culture experience in multiple cell lines
• Experience with genome editing (CRISPR, etc)
• Experience with in vitro transcription, working with mRNA Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Background in working with proteins and bacterial functional screens
• Proven proficiency in data analysis, research design, troubleshooting, and the evaluation of new techniques and procedures for manufacturing reagents, systems, products or technologies
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Carlsbad Biology Job