Biology Job in Durham, North Carolina : NC
Looking for Biology Jobs? See currently available Biology job openings on biology.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
biology.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any biology job . We provide job resources for Biology positions throughout the industry. biology.jobs.net also provides Biology jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Biology by either city or state.
biology.jobs.net is a biology job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Biology jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your biology job search on biology.jobs.net today.
Senior Biostatistician Job DescriptionLaunched in 2015, Q2 Solutions is a leading global clinical trials laboratory services organization. We help biopharmaceutical, medical device and diagnostics customers improve human health through innovation that transforms science and data into actionable medical insights. Q2 Solutions is a quality driven, responsive partner with strong global experience and deep scientific and medical expertise. The Q2 Solutions joint venture was formed by Quintiles and Quest Diagnostics, combining the best of each parent organizations clinical trials laboratory services capabilities.
Provide advanced analytical and interpretive expertise as part of a translational genomics team to develop process methodology and to meet internal and external clients’ needs. Plan and lead the development of novel algorithmic and pipeline solutions serving the scientific and bioinformatic analysis needs in cutting edge genomic assays. Present findings to audiences of diverse skill sets and document programming and validation projects.
- Develop novel approaches to addressing complex problems in NGS data analysis (e.g. circulating tumor DNA variant calling, immune-oncology, etc.)
- Perform detailed and custom next generation sequencing analysis tasks. This can include efficient scripts for data formatting/processing and representing data in mathematical software.
- Expertise in working with clients for hypothesis elucidation and testing. Experience in experimental design, fixed and random effects modeling and working, correlated data (e.g. time series, survival, etc.), dimension reduction techniques (e.g. PCA, SVD, LDA, etc.) and data mining / model selection methods (e.g. neural networks, LASSO, etc.).
- Knowledge of statistical analysis of clinical trials.
- Extensive experience using classification and prediction modeling of real world data. This includes both benchmarking third party software and the development of novel algorithms.
- Develop programming documentation including plans and specifications, as appropriate.
- Scope and estimate resources, then execute on the analysis of client projects.
- Provide advanced technical expertise in conjunction with internal and external clients, and independently bring project solutions to teams and department.
- Perform and plan the development, implementation and validation of new product technologies and applications.
- Lead department and/or cross-functional project teams tackling different initiatives.
- Provide training and guidance to new staff.
Durham Biology Job
Senior Biostatistician Job RequirementsREQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong foundational knowledge in Linux/UNIX-based systems as well as HW-S/W interfaces, storage, networking
- Strong proficiency with at least one scripting language(Python, Perl, Bash, etc). Readily able to discuss common packages and functions(eg pandas, pysam, DESeq2) within a bioinformatic workflow. Experience with object-oriented programming and high performance programming(Java, C++) is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of the statistical language R. Other languages such as SAS and/or SQL are a plus.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and projects
- Excellent level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
Bachelor's degree in computer science, bioinformatics, statistics, molecular biology, genetics or related field and 5 years relevant experience or Master’s degree in computer science, bioinformatics, statistics, molecular biology, genetics or related field and 3 year relevant experience; or PhD or educational equivalent in computer science, bioinformatics, statistics, genetics/molecular biology, or related field; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time
- Occasional travel (<5-10% of the time)
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled