Biology Job in Melville, New York : NY
Looking for Biology Jobs? See currently available Biology job openings on biology.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
biology.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any biology job . We provide job resources for Biology positions throughout the industry. biology.jobs.net also provides Biology jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Biology by either city or state.
biology.jobs.net is a biology job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Biology jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your biology job search on biology.jobs.net today.
Senior Molecular Biology Scientist
Senior Molecular Biology Scientist Job DescriptionFounded more than 30 years ago, NTD is a reference laboratory in the US for first and second trimester prenatal screening. It has pioneered the research and development of prenatal screening protocols and offered the first biochemical screening test for early onset preeclampsia. NTD's first trimester non-invasive prenatal screening test for Down Syndrome is the only high sensitivity screen that uses the free Beta hCG biomarker, along with PAPP-A and Nuchal Translucency measurement, in assessing risk for Down syndrome.
Eurofins NTD is searching for a Senior Molecular Biology Scientist in Melville, NY.
Sr. Molecular Biology Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
• Coordinating development, validation, and implementation of non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT) methodology with laboratory directors, staff, and supervisors
• Documenting appropriate development and validation tasks, including writing validation reports and standard operating procedures for submission to NYSDOH
• Ability to qualify as a NYSDOH Assistant Laboratory Director (Genetic Testing - Molecular)
• Monitoring all clinical molecular testing to ensure medically reliable data are generated
• Understanding and complying with OSHA, NYSDOH, and NTD Eurofins Biosafety and Chemical safety procedures and regulations
• Maintaining current technical knowledge and skills
• Enters test results into the laboratory information system for standardized report to be generated for review and interpretation
• Performs other related duties as assigned to expedite the testing process and support the achievement of laboratory goals and objectives
The ideal candidate would possess :
• Experience in NGS assay design
• Experience with Illumina Veriseq and LifeCodexx NIPT processes
• Bioinformatics experience
• Application development for automated systems experience, preferred
• Proven track record and evidence of the ability to translate knowledge into practical achievements
• Experience leading teams across projects and departments
• Data analysis and interpretation skills with knowledge of specific statistical tools
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
• Knowledge and experience working within a comprehensive quality management system
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
• Ph.D. or M.D. in Molecular Biology, or related field
• Experience implementing NIPT testing in a clinical diagnostic laboratory
• Previous supervisory experience, including coordination of work flows, providing performance feedback, and identifying areas of staff development, preferred
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Melville, NY are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com .
Eurofins is an M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Melville Biology Job