Biology Job in Rockville, Maryland : MD 20850
Looking for Biology Jobs? See currently available Biology job openings on biology.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
biology.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any biology job . We provide job resources for Biology positions throughout the industry. biology.jobs.net also provides Biology jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Biology by either city or state.
biology.jobs.net is a biology job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Biology jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your biology job search on biology.jobs.net today.
Stem Cell/Developmental Biology Scientist - Nih - Rockville, Md
Stem Cell/Developmental Biology Scientist - Nih - Rockville, Md Job Description
Stem Cell/Developmental Biology Scientist - NIH - Rockville, MD
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Stem Cell/Developmental Biology Scientist to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Rockville, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with comprehensive benefit package
- Tremendous growth opportunity
- Opportunity to work at NIH, the world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com
TASKS. The contractor shall:
- Under the mentorship of the SCTL group leader, address the key challenges that currently impede the translation of the iPSC technology for drug discovery and regenerative medicine applications.
- Establish new standards, quality controls, improved differentiation protocols and other resources for the iPSC field.
- Keep accurate and complete records of all scientific experiments and maintain and update laboratory notebooks and equipment; ensure that these records and raw data are properly retained.
- Develop and optimize biochemical and cell-based assays for fully characterization of pluripotent stem cells and their differentiated progeny.
- Analyze the experimental results and organize findings into tables and figures.
- Evaluate new technologies and instruments resulting in proposals for new screening strategies and novel assay formats.
- Search existing literature; propose, design and test alternative assays and experiments for difficult differentiation protocols.
- Draft technical reports, manuscripts and patent applications and present work internally and externally to consultants and collaborators as needed.
- Prepare oral presentations and posters for internal and external groups/conferences.
- Provide updates to assay providers; send summaries by email; conduct periodical teleconferences to discuss issues and coordinate actions.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or a related discipline.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of related experience.
- Skill at maintaining accurate and detailed records of laboratory experiments.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and pay close attention to detail.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE.
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Rockville Biology Job